Favourite spots in Brussels-Central

I went to Brussels central a few days ago, which consists of "La Bourse" and "La Grande Place". I didn't go everywhere but I got some good photos and I wanted to introduce you to my hometown!


Street that leads to "La Grande Place" with
the most popular snack places at the corners

If you keep walking, this is the where you end up: La Grande Place!
Go back throught the same street and follow the main street. Then normally you'll have a crossroad. At that crossroad, you turn right into the smaller street.
Enter this gallery and you'll find my favourite spot ever!
First stop: "8tea5"
“For bubble tea lovers. I recommend the Vanilla with regular tapioca bubbles”





The employees are very nice and they do their best to get it done fast for you to enjoy the drink. They sell pasteries as well next to their teas. Carrot cake, Red Velvet cake and macarons. You can also buy actual Boba pearls and camera’s as well.
The teas have a nice sweetness balance. Of course it depends on what you order.
My regular order is a Vanilla tea or the Taiwanese classic with tapioca boba.
I tried the coffee there before and it was really good! It’s not too bitter like Starbucks and it has a slight soft fragrance to it that makes it taste really good.





The prices vary between 3,5 and 5 euros for milkteas and fruitteas.
Overall I give 8tea5 an 8.5/10, only because there isn’t enough place to sit when I come with my friends ^^



Next stop: "Exki"
“Great healthy food for everyone! Wide variety of Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten-free options!”



I stopped going to the McDonalds and disgusting Quick ever since I’ve been on a diet. There’s really a lot of good food there! My only complaints are the fact that you have to pay extra to eat inside and it’s kind of expensive on its own already.
I give Exki a 7.5/10, purely because of the prices.

Next Spot: "Makisu"
"Tasty and great makis!"

The establishment is really small and it gets cramped sometimes because it’s a pretty popular shop but it’s definitely worth it! 


I order vegetarian makis sometimes and if I haven’t eaten meat in a long time I get the teriyaki donburi or makis with salmon. The ingredients are really fresh and they’re aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Even if the portions seem small at first, they definitely fill you up! I recommend the vegetarian and teriyaki donburi and if you want to try one of their creations, ‘Astro Boy’ is my friends’ favourite! The food in general is westernized but that’s obvious as this isn’t a traditional sushi restaurant. Nonetheless, they're really tasty!

Teriyaki Chicken Donburi from Makisu and a Vanilla Milktea from 8tea5

Last Stop: "Brüsel"
"Nicest staff ever! Harry Potter merch, new comics, Belgian comics, graphic novels, manga’s etc. at pretty decent prices! Nerd paradise ^^







 They have all comics. If you can’t find them, it’s because you didn’t look properly! The manager of the store gave me permission to take pictures and the staff was super funny.

The guy covering his face is the man charge of the display of the graphic novels!




But anyways, I bought Harry Potter Butter beer, a graphic novel and five comics there before and personally, I think they aren’t much more expensive than the ones online ^^


I have video about my favourite spots in the whole city coming out soon,
so check out my channel!:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaAeRm_oVoQmGsuGftwjATA



Thanks for reading!

Caroline Amour

No comments:

Post a Comment